We get it, choosing the right contractor can be stressful. You want to make sure you pick the right team who is professional in what they do and get that job done right without any issues. At Ipswich Bay Builders, we wrote some helpful tips on how to choose the right contractors.
- Go with your gut feeling. Contractors will be in your home and around your family for days, weeks, or even months while working on your home improvement. For any reason, their appearance or impression doesn’t appeal to you, don’t hire them. You want to trust your contractor 100 percent, not 90.
- Choose a local contractor. Research your contractor before calling to schedule an estimate. Are they licensed to work in your area? How long have they been working in the industry? Be sure to check out their recent work to see if they match your expectations.
- Look for a contractor who specializes to what you want doing to your home. This way, you will be sure if they have encountered any problems that you have. A good contractor will give a realistic overview of what to expect and what can be done.
- Get job details in writing. It’s important to see what the contractors have been working on, especially when you’re paying for the service. You want to make sure you are in full control of your home and surroundings. Having a contract written out before starting the job will help understand what to expect from the contractor.
- Give your contractors guidelines. Just like what you expect from them, you should set our limits on what to expect from you. Is there a specific time they can stay around for? Do you want them to have access to your bathroom? Keep a basic guideline, any high demands will drive your contractor away.
- Help each other out. Before starting a job, you may want to move everything out of the way. This will help the contractors get settled right away. The last thing a contractor wants to do is breaking an important item in your home. By helping each other will make their job easier.
Never be shy about asking questions or any uncertainties before starting a project. At Ipswich Bay Builders, we understand home improvement is an investment you want to be done right. If you are unsure what you are looking for, please allow us to share our professional experience with you. We have been in the industry for many years, and if you are looking for a team who is reliable, committed and experienced in what they do in the North Shore of MA, consider hiring Ipswich Bay Builders and contact us at (978) 356-5050 or fill in our online form.