When it comes to remodeling your bathroom, unless you’re a professional there is so much to consider. Those little details in your bathroom can be frustrating to handle let alone asking yourself questions like how much will this cost me and what can I afford? Don’t worry, you are not alone, we are here to help guide you on what to consider first before making that big decision. We’ve come up with some useful tips for you.
- Understanding the cost of remodeling your bathroom. Before you begin your project, it’s important to remember how much money you can realistically afford to invest. It is easy to get carried away with the type of quality material you want to add vs the amount of space you can fit in your bathroom.
- First impression. It is a designer’s number one tip when designing a new bathroom. Hiding the toilet. It may sound silly but oftentimes bathroom doors are left open, so if a guest walks past, the first thing they would see is the toilet. The toilet isn’t the most eye pleasing thing to look at and can easily kill the look of your bathroom. If you have the money, consider doing this.
- Bathroom tiles. If you live an older home, it may be best to leave your tiles the way they are. Wall tiles may have several coats of concrete and maybe wire lath, which could cost you more than you had originally expected where you could have used it on something else.
- Lighting. Add ambient and decorative lighting to your bathroom, by doing this it could ultimately give your new bathroom the modern and comfort look.
- Consider a corner sink. The bathroom comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are finding yourself having a tight space, then consider putting your sink in the corner to free up space.
- Or a tiny tub. Do you really need a big bathtub? Think about the space around you, you may gain a lot more space by shrinking your bath tub.
- Converting your tub to a shower. If you don’t even take baths, think about converting a shower with extra space for you. Converting would be cost effective because it would make use of the space that’s already there and you wouldn’t have to reroute the plumbing.
- Spend a little on some high-end materials. Now you have the idea of making the most of your space and most importantly, your budget. You might find that adding one or more high-end materials could beautify your luxurious bathroom.
- Have more than one of drying out your bathroom. To reduce mold and mildew, invest in a strong fan that vents outside of your house.
At Ipswich Bay Builders, we understand planning and designing a new bathroom can be tedious. Allow us to examine the space and provide realistic designs that best fit your needs. If you are looking to remodel your bathroom in Newburyport, Ipswich, Essex, and rest of North Shore area MA contact us at (978) 356-5050.